If you and someone you care for are in immediate physical danger, call 111.
Here are some other useful crisis numbers.
A panic attack is the abrupt onset of intense fear or discomfort that reaches a peak within minutes and includes at least four of the following symptoms:
- Pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate
- Trembling or shaking
- Sensations of shortness of breath or smothering.
Call our 24/7 free 0800 ANXIETY Helpline (0800 2694389) and our specially trained and understanding volunteers can talk you through the experience:
– We will listen and support you with empathy and unconditioned acceptance.
– We can take you through breathing and relaxation exercises that are really effective in minimising feelings of anxiety and panic.
– We can discuss practical strategies you can learn and apply whenever anxiety and panic starts to feel overwhelming.