Our Helpline gives vital support to people of any age who experience all forms of anxiety, including Panic Attacks, Phobias and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders and to family or friends supporting someone with anxiety.
If you're feeling anxious and would like to talk to someone about anxiety or would like to seek advice for a friend or family member - you can phone our free 24/7 Anxiety Helpline wherever you are in Aotearoa.
0800 269 4389 (0800 ANXIETY)
This service is confidential and free of charge. It is the only service of its type in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Who will I be talking to?
Our Helpline is staffed by specially trained and understanding volunteers. If you are experiencing anxiety or panic and don't know what to do, our helpline staff are well-equipped to walk and talk you through the experience.
What do we provide?
- We will listen and support you with empathy and unconditional acceptance.
- We can take you through breathing and relaxation exercises that are really effective in reducing feelings of anxiety and panic.
- We can share information about anxiety and practical strategies you can learn and apply when feeling stressed or anxious.
- We offer encouragement, education, and advice for anyone experiencing anxiety or supporting someone else living with anxiety.
- Overnight (midnight to 8am) support is reserved for callers experiencing severe anxiety.
- Please note we are not a counselling line.
Remember to call 111 in more urgent situations.
Find resources to support you or someone you care about here.