Try our free, self-paced course to get tools to support your mental wellbeing. Tap here to sign up.

How to refer to see a psychologist, psychotherapist or Doctor at Anxiety NZ for 1:1 (in-person or online) assessment, treatment and therapy.

Some useful info before you submit your referral:

FAQs about Therapy

Fees and funding

Services available

Any health worker can refer to us:

Using our referral form:

Using your own form or through your Practice Management System:

  • Fax 09 849 2375

  • Email 

  • Careselect / Healthlink / Medtech to Anxiety New Zealand Trust. EDI: anxietyt

If you have talked with a family member, have their consent, and they are ready to engage in the next few weeks for support, you are welcome to refer them. 

Download the Family/Whānau referral form, fill it out, and email it back to 

If you are worried about the safety of a loved one, or someone else, you can call the Crisis Team on 0800 800 717 or dial 111 in an emergency. 

Do you need support? Yellow Brick Road is a national organisation that provides support for whānau who have a loved one experiencing mental health challenges. 

For more information about helping family / whānau visit

If you are ready to engage in support and would like to make an appointment within a few weeks, and are not currently seeing someone for mental health support, then you can use the self-referral form below. We may also ask for a referral from a health professional alongside a self-referral. If you are seeing someone for mental health support, or have done in the past six months, please ask them to send a referral to Anxiety NZ for you.

Not all people requesting services may be able to be seen due to clinicians availability, if the primary issue isn't related to anxiety or if a person needs a higher level of support than can be offered. Anxiety NZ is not a crisis service. For urgent support please contact the Crisis Team on 0800 800 717 or dial 111 in an emergency.

To self-refer / expression of interest please fill out the Individual Request for Services form available for download on this page, and send it to